Toxic fumes coming from stainless steel pan

Hello everyone. Long story short I have a Bergner stainless steel pan that I've used twice with no problems. Yesterday I popped it out and set it on the range at low heat to get it warm. Within seconds there was something in the air. Odorless but definitely toxic. My GF and I immediately started choking. Eyes and lips burning. I shut off the burner and ran outside for fresh air. I've never experienced a gas grenade but I assume this is what it would feel like. It was almost instantaneous. Now, it wasn't the burner itself or the gas. I had a pot with sauce simmering on it before moving it over. I had a feeling it was the pan so I washed it with just water, Dawn and a sponged. Dried it off with a paper towel and I put it back on the burner on low heat and again within seconds an odorless fume hit my face. Has anyone ever experienced this before? I'd hate to throw out the pan. It's a beautiful almost 5 liter pan

Hello everyone. Long story short I have a Bergner stainless steel pan that I've used twice with no problems. Yesterday I popped it out and set it on the range at low heat to get it warm. Within seconds there was something in the air. Odorless but definitely toxic. My GF and I immediately started choking. Eyes and lips burning. I shut off the burner and ran outside for fresh air. I've never experienced a gas grenade but I assume this is what it would feel like. It was almost instantaneous.

Now, it wasn't the burner itself or the gas. I had a pot with sauce simmering on it before moving it over. I had a feeling it was the pan so I washed it with just water, Dawn and a sponged. Dried it off with a paper towel and I put it back on the burner on low heat and again within seconds an odorless fume hit my face.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? I'd hate to throw out the pan. It's a beautiful almost 5 liter pan

What's Your Reaction?

like

dislike

love

funny

angry

sad

wow